Nodaway Valley Bank has been meeting the financial needs of northwest Missouri’s citizens since 1868.NVB has been serving the needs of northwest Missouri’s citizens for a century and a half.
1868 – Just three years after the end of the Civil War, George S. Baker opens the first bank in Maryville, Missouri on the site of the present bank at 3rd and Main Streets.
1873 — James B. Prather and Theodore L. Robinson purchase the bank and re-name it Nodaway Valley Bank. A member of the Robinson family has been at the helm ever since.
1890 — Original banking house is razed and replaced.
1893 — NVB obtains a state charter, now the fifth oldest.
1934 — NVB joins the newly formed Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
1942 — NVB becomes one of the first banks in the area to hire an agricultural advisor.
1965 — NVB builds the first modern standalone drive-up facility in Maryville.
1966 — Second banking house demolished and replaced.
1973 — Second Maryville location opens at 1303 S. Main.
1989 — New facility opened in Hopkins, MO (no longer in operation).
1990 — New facility opened in Savannah.
1995 — New facility opened in St. Joseph.
2002 — Nodaway Valley Investment Services formed.
2003 — Acquired Heritage Bank of St. Joseph.
2007 — Acquired Exchange Bank of Mound City.
2018 — NVB celebrates 150 years of continuous service to northwest Missouri.
2020 — The bank’s financial resources top $1 billion.
2020 — New facilities opened in Platte City and Smithville.