NVB Risk Assessment
NVB is committed to helping our commercial customers establish adequate controls to keep their IT systems and records safe. Complete this short assessment to identify ways to improve your system’s security.Take Assessment
Point of Sale Malware
Beware of malware that can compromise your Point of Sale systems. The Department of Homeland Security has issued a malware alert, click here to read the full alert on us-cert.gov.
Protect Against Cyber Threats
Adequate cyber security is now one of the most important facets of managing a business. Avoid fraudulent charges, compromised customer information, and other problems by creating a Cybersecurity Plan to mitigate risk. The Federal Communications Commission (fcc.gov) provides an easy tool to create a custom Cybersecurity Plan and strategy.
FCC Cybersecurity Tip Sheet
- Establish basic security practices and policies for employees
- Utilize firewall security on internet connections
- Understand that mobile devices can also be susceptible to cyber attacks
- Limit employee access to data systems
- Read more tips at fcc.gov/general/cyber-security-and-network-reliability
Fraud & Phishing Prevention
Protect against fraudulent emails and other phishing scams by staying up-to-date through NACHA – the Electronic Payments Association. Visit us-cert.gov for valuable information on business fraud protection. Visit nacha.org for the latest tips on:
- NACHA’s practices
- How to recognize fraudulent emails
- View examples of fraudulent emails
- General online & mobile security tips
Business Email Scam
Business scams often involve fraudulent emails portraying a legitimate employee requesting a wire transfer for payment. Guardian Analytics, a leader in fraud intelligence has published an article outlining various tactics. Read the article to understand potential risks. Check out the Best Practices on how to detect an email compromise scam.
Why is my company being asked to sign a Beneficial Ownership Certification Form?