The NVB Care-free prepaid card account offers the simplicity of a prepaid card with the benefits of a banking relationship. There is no activation fee or balance requirements—and there are no overdraft fees. It really is a care-free solution.
- No overdraft fees—ever
- Eliminates costly payroll check-cashing fees
- An easy way to budget income
- Online and Mobile access
- Online Bill Pay
- Online Statements
- FDIC insured
- Make purchases online, by phone, or in person
- Get cash back at the register or any ATM1
- Schedule online payments with NVB Bill Pay
- Set up automatic payments/withdrawals (ACH)
- Check writing privileges ($0.50 per each item presented)
- Check balances with NVB Online Banking
- Deposit cash or checks at a NVB ATM or branch
- Online or mobile transfer from another NVB account
- Mobile deposit checks with the NVB Mobile app ($0.75 per deposit)
- Direct deposit (payroll, tax refunds, social security, etc.)
What You Need to Know
Minors age 12 to 17 may have a Care-free card account with an adult co-owner. Open with $5. Paper statements are available for a $4 monthly fee. A $5.00 monthly service charge will apply after 90 consecutive days of inactivity.
1View our fee schedule for fees associated with using a non-NVB ATM.
- PIN and Signature Purchases per calendar day $2,500
- ATM per calendar day $1,000
- PIN/Signature/ATM have a combined daily limit of $2,500
To change a card limit, please call 877-217-4682.